I was briefing with his therapist and he came up to her, lifted her face, looked at her and then asked her: Happy?
And she said: Yes, I am very happy. To which he run of satisfied and very happy himself.
We have a book here and it has a picture of a girl in it who looks sad. Max will flip through the book, but always stops right before this page, he does not want to see the sad girl. It has gotten so bad that now he has hidden the book under the table, he does not want to see the book at all anymore.
My dad would take it out every now and then, but Max watched him like a hawk and made sure the page would NEVER be open on the sad girl and that the book was not in sight.
Whenever somebody is sad he will tell them: HAPPY!. And if you don't listen, he will yell at you HAAAAAPPPYYYY!!! in an angry voice.
So now whenever I feel sad, I tell myself HAPPPPPYYY!!!! the same way Max does and it helps :-).

No comments:
Post a Comment